CMI 5000 Card Milling System
- Input transport with magazine changer
- Card input measurement and recognition of card position
- Verification of card thickness (measuring point within module / ISO position). Optical enquiry of printed position marks
- Milling station Independently programmable axes (x,y,z). Milling accuracy ± 30 μm in x and y and ± 15 μm in z
- Cleaning station Rotating blast air and vacuum cleans the cavity from milling dust or cuttings
- Output measurement Measuring of the actual cavity depth. Measuring accuracy: ± 2,5 μm. Online readjustment of milling head on the basis of measuring results
- Module implantation with tacking Module punch. Pick and place unit
- Welding station 3 stations
- Cooling station 1 station
- Optical inspection Module place position in X/Y direction and module surface
- EM 3325 LAM Module tape and adhesive tape unwinder. Laminating press. Hole punch. Rewinder for carrier adhesive tape
- Module transport Transport system for module and spacer tape
- Electrical station ATR verification
- Output transport with magazine changer
MFB 2500 Milling Flexible Bump System
The MFB 2500 is designed for the production of Dual Interface Cards according to the “Flexible Bump Technology” patented by Muehlbauer.
Plastic cards with integrated antenna are placed manually into Standard Muehlbauer magazines.
The cavities for the chip modules have to be milled in a standard milling equipment before.
The cards are separated scratch free by suction cups and in a first step 2 holes are milled to expose the end of the antenna. A special “Antenna detection System” stops the milling head automatically as soon as the milling tool touches the antenna.
After that a special conductive and flexible glue is dispensed precisely into the holes. Before the cards are stacked in an output magazine the glue is precured under room conditions in a buffer system.
The implanting of the chip module that follows will also be done in standard Implanting equipment
- Card input device CH 4203/1
- Cavity orientation check
- MFB Milling station with Antenna touch sensor
- Antenna Resistance Measurement Station
- Flexible bump dispensing & dabbing station 1
- Flexible bump dispensing & dabbing station 2
- Quality inspection, Bump height
- Quality inspection, Bump area and position
- Flexible Bump Precuring Station
- Card output + Reject box
- Card Output Device CH 4203/0
- Machine software GUI (Graphical User Interface)
- CNC designer – software tool to design a CNC file for dosing process
- Vision software – antenna inspection/bump measurement